On July 4 and July 5th we held our Summer 2013 Leading Leaders Network event in London where we also celebrated our fortune at having known and been guided by Jeff Smith from Anson Primary School, who retired at the end of the summer term.
In the afternoon of Thursday 4 July we were at the outstanding Tollgate Primary School for our informal visit and to hear about the Tollgate Teaching School Alliance. In the evening we hosted a special meal to mark the retirement of Jeff Smith.
We then relived student days at our overnight accommodation at the University of London College, College Hall, where we had 23 rooms booked for our group and looked forward to hearing how it triggered memories of student days.
On Friday 5 July we worked and learned together, in the Chancellor’s Room, Hughes Parry Hall, again at the University of London. We had a very full and ambitous programme including:
- Vanessa Pittard, Head of STEM at the Department for Education
- a wide ranging discussion on Teaching Schools, new struictuires, partnerships and engagement
- Paul Stevens from Minster School on adopting computer-generated lessons to boost the teaching of computing in your school
- Co-learning through our round-robin session
- Paul Shoesmith with his latest thoughts including a discussion on MIS and Assessment
- Plans for later in 2013/2014
We are sure you will find the posts of the visit, meal and sessions very useful.